Daily report on Coronavirus Covid-19
Ministry of Health – Gaza Strip
1. The Ministry of Health continues its efforts to strengthen the precautionary measures to counter the novel Coronavirus known as Covid-19, as follows:
2. The Ministry of Health intensified tests for COVID-19 virus for all hosts in quarantines stations and they are tested negative, and there is no new detected cases in Gaza Strip so far.
3. We assure our people in Gaza Strip that the nine cases who are tested positive for coronavirus are in good health and they are hosted in the isolation filed hospital in Rafah crossing point. Noting that all cases have not shown any symptoms until this moment.
4. Medical staff provided health care to 1680 hosted returnees in 22 quarantine centers, of whom 935 cases were transferred to specialized departments in hospitals within Special isolation procedures.
5. The Ministry ended home quarantine for all returnees from 13/3/2020 and befor, no symptoms were recorded, which means completing a critical stage in confronting the Coronavirus.
6. The Ministry confirms that its series of measures to counter the Coronavirus coincide with its severe shortage in essential drugs, medical consumables, laboratory, and blood bank supplies due to the Israeli blockade.
7. The Ministry of Health in Gaza appeal to the United Nations bodies and relief foundations to provide the Gaza health system with $ 23 million, to channel urgent support for the Strip and to provide it with ventilators, intensive care systems, medicines, medical consumables, laboratory supplies, Covid-19 testing materials, preventive and hygiene supplies and anything needed to face the COVID-19 outbreak.
Palestinian Ministry of Health
March 27, 2020