Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update, April 12, 2020
Palestinian Ministry of Health In Gaza with some Governmental Institutions continue their successive precautionary measures to tackle the new coronavirus outbreak in Gaza Strip as follows:
1. MOH confirmed 13 cases in the Gaza Strip; nine of them have recovered, and four still under observation.
2. MOH Completed the arrangements to receive all arrivals into the Gaza Strip for 21 days, which can be modified according to the health situation for each case in the quarantine centers.
3. All returnees will receive a protective mask before entering the arrival hall, and a thermal examination will be conducted for everyone.
MOH team will provide the returnees with health instruction and guidance on infection control and prevention during the quarantine period.
4. The equipment of the Turkish Friendship Hospital has been completed to receive cases that need direct health follow-up.
5. MOH in Gaza still provides medical care for 632 returnees in 17 different quarantine center
6. Ministry of Health in Gaza, in cooperation with the World Health Organization, provided PCR laboratory screening tests. An estimated amount of 5 kits have now arrived from Jordan. They are awaiting arrival in the Gaza Strip during the coming hours.
7. The Israeli blockade on Gaza Strip also has placed enormous strain on Gaza’s already under-resourced and over-burdened health care system. Gaza health facilities are facing a critical shortage of essential medicines and supplies to face the Corona pandemic. Therefore, MOH appeals to the United Nations bodies and relief foundations to provide the Gaza health system with the necessary medical requirements.