The Daily updated report on Coronavirus Covid-19
Ministry of Health – Gaza Strip
The Ministry of Health continues its efforts to strengthen the precautionary measures to counter the new Coronavirus as Covid 19, as follows:
1. Ministry of Health confirmed the detection of seven new cases of COVID 19 virus, which was first detected in the Balqees school quarantine center in Gaza Strip, to bring the total number of confirmed cases to 9 patients. The cases were among the quarantine’s security who got in contact with the first detected two cases who were quarantined in the same center. The infected cases are still in the same quarantine, they did not leave the place, and they did not contact any person outside the center.
2. Ministry of Health today announced an update on the status of testing for the novel Coronavirus in Gaza Strip for those who returned to the Gaza Strip. As of today, samples from 240 citizens have been sent for testing. Of those, 231 have come back negative. There are nine confirmed cases of a novel coronavirus in Gaza.
3. Medical staff provided health care to 1636 hosted returnees in 22 quarantine centers, of whom 934 cases were transferred to specialized departments in hospitals within Special isolation procedures.
4. The Ministry ended the quarantine of 2708 returnees, no symptoms were recorded, which means completing a critical stage in confronting the Coronavirus.
5. The Ministry confirms that its series of measures to counter the Coronavirus coincide with its severe shortage in essential drugs, medical consumables, laboratory, and blood bank supplies due to the Israeli blockade. The Israeli occupation is practicing systematic apartheid against our people, putting the lives of 2 million people confronting the Coronavirus in the Gaza Strip on the line.
6. The Ministry of Health in Gaza appeal to the United Nations bodies and relief foundations to provide $ 23 million channel urgent support for the Strip and to provide it with ventilators, intensive care systems, medicines, medical consumables, laboratory supplies, Covid-19 testing materials, preventive and hygiene supplies and anything needed to face the COV-19 outbreak.
Palestinian Ministry of Health
March 26, 2020